Friday, March 7, 2008

England Here I Come!!!

I finally got my mission call!! My family (Mom, Dad, Brinton, Nicolle "in spirit, on the phone", the Fabert family, Grams and Gramps, Ashley's mama "in spirit", and my Ashley) were all there to watch me open it and cheer me on!! There was tons of food and family surrounding me. I got my call to the England, Leeds Mission. The past 48 hours have been spent looking up pictures of castles, cathedrals, cars driving on the left side of the road, green pastures, and everything! England looks like such an amazing place! It is absolutely green everywhere and so beautiful. It rains all the time, about twenty inches on average during December. Leeds is north of Manchester, and part of my mission runs along the coast of the North Sea. There are all sorts of crazy foods such as blood sausage (dried pig blood all over sausage thickened with lard from cattle!!!.....?), Yorkshire Pudding (amazing food), "Bangers and Mash" (a traditional dish of mashed potatoes and sausages), "Chippies" (the famous British dish, of fish and chips, usually found among the local pubs), and many more crazy foods!!


When I opened my call I didn't know what to expect. Before opening it, everyone wrote down their guesses of a stateside mission and a foreign mission. When I read that I was going to England, Leeds, I had an overwhelming feeling that England is the place for me to be!! It just feels SO right!!


I would like to say thank you to all those who have helped me get to where I am now, soon ready to leave to England to teach God's people. Those people that were around me when I opened my call, and many other people, have helped me so much in getting to this point of my life. I know without you people I would not be where I am today. Thank you for your examples and your love. You are all my family and I feel so grateful and blessed to have you all around me, always supporting me.



Here are a few pictures of my mission district that I have found so far:



Here is a picture of a watch tower that looks over the North Sea!!


Here is a park within my district!!





A typical looking house in the suburbs of Leeds!!


Leeds Castle!!


Thank you so much Ashley, for all the love and support you have given me to go on a mission. I honestly dont know where I would be without you. Thank you for always being there to lift me up, to talk to me, to listen to me. Thank you for always encouraging me to do better, to work harder, and to strive to be closer to God. Finally one of my dreams is coming true!! I get to go serve the Lord's people!! In England!! I can lose myself in the work of bringing souls unto Him. Thank you for your example Ashley. You are such a Christlike individual and if I could bring you with me on my mission, people just seeing the light in your eyes, would plant that seed in them. Thank you so much for being you, my Ashley, my sweetheart.

No comments: