Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lookin' Around

Today was such a wonderful day. For the past few weeks it has been nothing but snow. And if it wasnt snowing, it was hazy, overcast, and cold. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow and I know that we need the moisture, but after a while it gets to ya. Well today was such a beautiful day. It was a nice, sunny, warm Sunday afternoon. As if my spirits weren't high enough (I finally turned in my mission papers today), the spirit abode with Ashley and me all afternoon. We took a walk to the Provo temple to walk around there. As we approached the temple we were overwelmed with the dozens of missionaries there, circled around the temple and walking the grounds. I had such a strong feeling of the spirit; a feeling of peace knowing within a few months, I will be one of those missionaries.










As we began to head back down the hill towards BYU I couldn't help but notice all the wonderful things around us. We both sat down and talked about just five things that we could spot that we were grateful for. When we just counted only five, it really got me thinking of blessed we really are. We noticed beautiful trees that can carry snow on them during the winter, have wondrous colors in the fall, and give us a cool shade during the summer. We also saw a big blue sky that touched both horizons blue to blue. Between two trees we could spot the steeple of the temple and see Angel Moroni sounding his trumpet.

We talked about many wonderful things that God has given us. I am so grateful for all the many blessings I have in my life. From a family that is always supportive of me and loves me, to the beautiful earth around us. It is so incredible to realize, among all God's creations, the waters, the lands, the creatures, and all the many worlds that he has created, that he loves us. It is so amazing to realize that he cares enough about us, within his universal realm, to know us by name, to grant unto us opportunities to feel of the spirit, and to get to know him. I am also so grateful for his beautiful daughter that I got to share this sweet experience with.
Ashley, you always carry the spirit with you. Thank you for always being who you truly are, his daughter, even a princess. You always have the light of Christ abiding within you. You are one of the most beautiful things I have seen on this wondrous planet that he has created, and I thank my heavenly father for you, because you are one of the most special and beautiful blessings within my life.










No comments: